In today’s highly automated world, it is tough to ignore the fact that technology had a positive impacted our lives and workplaces across every sector, including the apparel manufacturing industry. New digital solutions are being introduced every day to make things easier for business owners. These technological advancements help apparel manufacturing businesses streamline their day-to-day operations and maximise efficiency. There are many different aspects to an apparel business, with warehouse management being one of the most important. Gone are the days when warehouse management used to be complicated. Over the years, automated warehousing has gained a lot of traction as businesses have fully embraced technology.
What is Warehouse Automation?
Warehouse automation can be defined as the process of streamlining repetitive and complex warehousing operations with the help of an automated system. Generally, it helps to make those tasks less labor-intensive and maximise productivity. In an apparel manufacturing business, warehouse automation can reduce the effort requirement significantly and minimise the overall expenses It can also help you meet the productivity goals of your business at a much faster rate. In other words, the advent of technology is making many warehouse operations more efficient by augmenting the work of humans and, in some cases, automating tedious manual tasks; this, in turn, frees up associates to focus on more complex tasks.
How It Can Benefit a Textile Manufacturing Business
Here is why automated warehousing is a better option in textile manufacturing:
A key benefit of automated warehouse management systems is that they are a lot more flexible and scalable and hence offer a multitude of advantages over traditional solutions, which are bulky and fixed in one place. Automation improves overall warehouse operations and helps eliminate human errors.
Increased efficiency and cost Saving
Sustainability is on the agenda for every business these days, and warehouse management is no exception. Predictive analysis, smart warehouse management, and condition monitoring systems help warehouse managers maintain better control over things.
How Can LTLabs Help?
Now that you have an idea of how warehouse automation can help your apparel manufacturing business, choosing an efficient warehouse management system can be the next challenge. To provide apparel business owners with a solution to this common problem, LTLabs offers a reliable cloud-based system called LTWarehouse. This digital solution can help your business enhance its overall efficiency through benefits like tracking inventory and material arrivals in real-time along with inbound shipping and receiving, material requests, etc.
Let’s discuss what LTwarehouse has to offer:
- Track Material Arrival
- Increase Operational Efficiency
- Real-time Inventory
- Inbound Shipment & Receiving
- View all incoming shipments and their status in one location.
- Mark as ‘arrived’ to update the status of receiving
- Available to be viewed as a dashboard for the warehouse area
- Sync with ERP or add directly into the web application for one-off shipments
- Generate and print SKU labels.
- Inventory Management
- Switch between different warehouses to view your inventory.
- Scan materials’ SKUs to check inventory levels.
- Scan materials and location QR code to put away, pick, and dispatch
- Search the complete warehouse by material attributes to quickly find your inventory.
- Material Requests
- View work orders directly from the mobile app.
- Scan items to pick from the warehouse.
- Dispatch directly or send to holding area to be dispatched
- Changes in material status will be available for ERP syncing.
- Warehouse Management
- Create multiple warehouses for different inventory based on factory needs.
- Customize each warehouse by type and layout.
- Easily switch between warehouses to manage them together or separately.
If you are also an apparel manufacturing business owner looking for some dependable digital solutions for your business, you can explore our entire range. The best thing is that all our solutions can be used either on a standalone basis or as a complete package, depending on the specific needs of a business.