The ultimate goal of an apparel manufacturing business (regardless of its type or size) is to maximise productivity while minimising operational costs and efforts. This may sound like a challenge to some people, but this is something industrial engineers can do effortlessly. They are individuals responsible for increasing the efficiency of different teams in a business and reducing wastage through the maximum utilization of available resources.
What is Industrial Engineering?
In every garment business, there are so many challenges, such as difficult production goals, increasing operational costs, longer lead times, etc. Industrial engineering is a process that deals with the elimination of any such challenges. It can be defined as the smart management of people, time, and other resources in a business.
Contrary to popular belief, industrial engineering is an age-old concept that has been around for centuries (in different forms, of course). The implementation of industrial engineering in apparel manufacturing is also as old as the industry itself. However, the way IEs work has definitely changed over all these years.
Need for Industrial Engineering Software
In today’s digital era, where we have automated systems for everything, industrial engineering is no exception. Businesses now understand the importance of industrial engineering. Therefore, they are on the constant lookout for new ways of increasing the efficiency of their IE teams. For an apparel manufacturing business, using industrial engineering software is definitely the best solution.
Here are a few advantages of industrial engineering software:
- Improved Efficiency
- Enhanced Product Quality
- Better Resource Utilisation
- Reduced Operational Costs
Take Your Pick!
There is no denying the fact that having an efficient industrial engineering system is a must in today’s competitive world. However, finding dependable industrial engineering software that can be used in your apparel manufacturing business may seem like a challenge. If you are also struggling with the same, LTLabs has the perfect solution for you!
LTie is a comprehensive industrial engineering solution, designed to increase the efficiency of IE teams in apparel manufacturing businesses. This automated system provides line setup suggestions while keeping the line balanced and monitors NPT (non-productive time) throughout the production cycle. Other than this, it also generates a digital operator skill matrix by capturing the operator’s machine skill and operational efficiency. You can use this skill matrix to understand an operator’s capabilities and make any changes to the existing arrangements.
- Manpower Optimization
- Achieve Perfect Order Fulfillment
- Reduced Production Cost
- Cloud-computing for line setup
- Auto-generate line setup with the highest LBR
- Drag and drop operators into stations
- Split or merge operations by stations
- Show operators’ list with matching skills and their past operations’ efficiency
- Generate changeover report for mechanics and line leader
- Real-time digital skills matrix
- Update operator skills automatically from mobile time study
- Determine line efficiency based on operators’ efficiency
- Perform bulk upload of skills through LTie web application
- Mobile tools for shop-floor changes
- Perform real-time time studies on operators
- Manage NPT information directly in the mobile app
- Record and update good output
- View line efficiency on the mobile dashboard
- Receive notification alerts when KPI targets fall under the threshold
- Real-time KPI dashboard
- Highlights KPI metrics to prioritize attention by setting targets for each
- Identify the top contributor impacting KPI
- Highlights the top 5 contributors by NPT, LBR, performance, output, and efficiency
- View the dashboard in optimized TV mode
LTie is just one of our many Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions, designed to serve different yet crucial stages of the apparel manufacturing cycle. You can explore our complete range to find other solutions as per the specific needs of your business.